Criteria For Selection
To honor those who have played a major role in the growth and development of softball in Union County, NJ. In addition to bringing to the attention of the public the widespread value of, and interest in the game of softball in Union County, NJ by honoring those who strived to make outstanding contributions to the game.
- To be selected a person must have distinguished themselves through Union Cbunty, NJ softball league and championship play.
- Must have participated for a minimum of 10
Meritorious Service: Commissioners/League Directors:
- Must have been a commissioner or league director for at least 10 years and contributed to Union County, NJ softball.
- Must have umpired a minimum of 10 years and distinguished themselves by umpiring in championship play.
- Must have managed a minimum of 10 years and managed in Union County softball league or championship play.
- This category includes those not eligible under another category, who have made outstanding contributions to Union County, NJ softball. This.will include but not be limited to organizations, sponsors,_,sportswriters, administrators and others at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Nominations must be made by October 1st of each calendar year, nominations received after October 1st will be considered for the following calendar year.
- No more than 3* individuals may be selected in the Player Category in a calendar
- No more than 2* individuals may be selected in the Meritorious Service Category in a calendar year.
- Selection committee will consist of six
- A two-thirds vote of the committee is required for selection into the Union County, NJ Softball Hall of Fame.
- Those selected for enshrinement will be acknowledged in the fall following their selection.
- Those selected for enshrinement will receive a plaque and other items at the discretion of the committee
- Those selected for enshrinement will have their name engraved on the permanent Union County Softball Hall of Fame Plaque.
- At the discretion of the committee, the number of inductees may exceed these guidelines.